Coordinator Patient Care - TMC One
Improves current systems of care and optimizes the outcomes of planned care patients by monitoring health metrics, continual outreach, scheduling and coordinating visits. Acts as liaison with TMC, TMC One, ACO and other community resources to improve patient wellness.
Identify patient discharges throughout the community acute care facilities and coordinate follow up care.
Manage complex network of payer based quality metrics to include tracking, monitoring, and analyzing.
Exhibit a driving achievement of quality metrics that affect reimbursement and quality rating of institution.
Collaborate with clinicians and payers to identify barriers to care of high risk populations.
Collaborate with payers to identify risk adjustment scoring.
Collaborate with clinicians and payers to identify and distribute quality data and best practice education.
Review data of identified high risk patients for compliance with medical directives; identifying barriers to compliance.
Updates reports on health outcomes and compliance.
In conjunction with practitioners, create scripts for high risk patients to encourage compliance with standing orders, follow-up visits and other identified factors.
Operates a personal computer, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine or related office machinery in performing assigned duties.
Obtains prior authorizations, manages Home Health and Durable Medical Goods referrals, assists with the scheduling of procedures and performs other related tasks to assist physician and patient.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associates degree or health care related certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of related healthcare experience required. Quality metrics and data analysis experience preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to critically analyze data reports and develop appropriate action plans
- Knowledge of patient care protocols and practices.
- Knowledge of general patient care practice, methods and regulations.
- Knowledge of patient privacy regulations.
- Skill in attending to patients with care and attention to needs.
- Skill in assisting with more complex patient care programs.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of doctors, nurses, staff and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of computer applications and Microsoft Office products and in creating databases and spreadsheets.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.