Coordinator Bed Control
Assists bed control department by facilitating patient transfers to Tucson Medical Center or other area hospitals, ensuring timely admission for patients to receive essential care.
Identify and discuss direct admissions with bed control team and assist in coordinating patient transportation to Tucson Medical Center.
Facilitating patient placement at an external health facility should Tucson Medical Center not have the capacity or capability to provide care requested from referring partnering hospital.
Collaborate with bed control team to ensure support/assistance for all bed control RNs and their assigned patient caseloads.
Collaborate with admitting department and utilization teams to process and transfer admissions to Tucson Medical Center.
Participate in creation of standard work for standardization or regulatory processes. Track admission and discharges on high volume days and weekends. Upon request of manager, track delays in patient bed assignments.
Provides communication and updates to RN, Physician or other providers related to changes in arrangements made or patients’ condition.
Accurately records information in the patient record, documents vital signs and procedures completed.
Attends department meetings and educational sessions.
Uses problem solving skills and provides effective communication with patients, patient families, health care providers and ancillary departments within the organization to provide quality patient care.
Operates a personal computer, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine or related office machinery in performing assigned duties.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all customers and coworkers.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of related healthcare experience required. Quality metrics and data analysis experience preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) or higher with state licensure or state certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
· Proficient in relevant computer applications and data entry. Skill in the use of computer applications such as Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, EXCEL, and TEAMs
· Ability to critically analyze data reports and develop appropriate action plans.
· Knowledge of patient care protocols and practices.
· Knowledge of general patient care practice, methods and regulations.
· Knowledge of patient privacy regulations.
· Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
· Ability to speak and communicate effectively.
· Skill in communicating in a clear and concise manner with staff involved in patient care.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.