Children's Miracle Network Development Specialist
The Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) Specialist serves as a front line fundraiser on our nine person development team. This fulltime position is responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue and current and prospective donors. This position will serve as the main point of contact and relationship manager of lead Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH) corporate partners, small national corporate campaigns, programs and community events. They will actively cultivate representatives and organizations to participate in fundraising efforts, including soliciting and increasing corporate sponsors, managing event logistics and effectively managing volunteers. This position is responsible for organizing, implementing, and directing a comprehensive CMNH program that represents the needs of TMC for Children and creates a positive image relative to the mission and vision. The CMN specialist leads the strategy for fundraising and execution for events and supports the Executive Director Development (EDD) and Chief Development Officer (CDO) in meeting fundraising goals.
Provide oversight to CMNH partner campaigns, events and programs, to include strategic planning of outreach efforts, connecting partner to the cause, monitoring progress and motivating all levels of employees with communication and visitation, and conceptualizing and implementing partner recognition.
Serves as a liaison from TMC for Children to the national organization for Children's Miracle Network, ensuring that the Broadcast, corporate partnerships and donor appeals are consistent with the national guidelines, as well as the objectives of TMC for Children and TMC Foundation
Provide oversight for fundraising events including the recruitment of participants, coordination of the program, volunteer recruitment, logistics, internal and external promotion and post-event analysis in partnership with the Donor Relations and Event Manager.
Working with CMN sponsors and TMC for Children staff, develop and implement a marketing plan to highlight CMN sponsor activity and TMC for Children successes.
Develop communication plan for partners, within hospital and with CMNH national. In conjunction with TMC’s communications team, coordinate special projects that may generate press coverage.
Serve as Foundation point person to third-party fund-raisers organized by CMN sponsors. Provide direction and guidance to sponsors when needed.
Establishes and manages information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, and on-going communications to enhance their relationship with TMCH Foundation and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
Interfaces and provides direction to other intra-department teams to help create a donor-centric culture.
Ensures that current and future protocols are documented and adhered to, including annual budget creation and tracking.
Ensures CMN donors are recognized for their giving and provided with impactful communication and storytelling that is conveyed in a way that is understandable and exciting, identifying what is meaningful to donors and addressing the underlying motivations that fuel and inspire long-term support.
Responsible for overseeing TMC for Children’s budgeting and cost center 982 while managing vendor relationships and coordination of event logistics.
Attends regular meetings and provide input and feedback as warranted and appropriate.
Maintains attention to detail as well as grasp the big picture, while advancing individual relationships along the continuum of CMN donor activity.
Demonstrates TMCH Foundation’s core values customers, employees, and visitors; and provided quality service in the performance of work assignments and duties.
Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in fundraising or related field at a large non-profit institution. Progressive experience and demonstrable success in fundraising required.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be willing to travel throughout Southern Arizona multiple times throughout the week. An average of 40-50% of work hours per week will be spent outside of the office and in the community building and strengthening relationships with CMNH retail partners and CMNH program ambassadors.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of non-profit fundraising.
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations and laws governing non-profit organizations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated successful communication skills; strong interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with donors and prospects and represent the TMCH Foundation; written and oral communication skills with the ability to conceptualize and articulate in clear and simple way.
- Strategic and analytic thinking, organization, ability to motivate and gain cooperation from a wide range of individuals including physicians, health care workers and administrators, and senior leadership to meet objectives
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of CMN donors in order to develop relationships with them and the hospital
- An ethical fundraising professional who is motivated, attentive to detail, intellectually curious and who possesses extraordinary communications skills
- Must be able to work independently, as well as be part of a collaborative, inclusive and supportive team
- Raiser's Edge experience a plus