Business Intelligence Solutions Lead
Charged with leading the Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions execution function tasked with the development, implementation, and maintenance of business intelligence solutions. Formulates and/or defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Devises or modifies BI solutions and procedures to solve complex problems. Prepares and/or reviews detailed specifications from which solutions will be written and is responsible for the design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of those solutions. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other BI Solution Developers while performing quality assurance reviews.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Create and communicate status reports in accordance with department standards.
Oversee all BI solution development and provide status on tool usage and adoption to leadership.
Engage with peers and leadership to enhance process between BI Execution Functions.
Evaluate and improve existing BI solution sets as new technology or capabilities arise.
Update and monitor the BI Solutions Team standards. This includes all aspects of ticketing, resource management and development.
Support business Data Governance and other analytical initiatives.
Research and assess third party software and databases to incorporate BI datasets into essential business solutions.
Establish project scope and development timeline standards.
Create detailed implementation plans and coordinates resources between complex implementations.
Establish documentation standards and creates documentation for the most complex systems that adheres to those documentation standards.
Delegate operation tasks to team members in support of BI solution efforts.
Adhere to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adhere to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, data sciences, STEM, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
EXPERIENCE: Seven (7) years of BI solutions development and analysis experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION : C ertification in one or more EPIC applications or has the ability to become certified within 6 months. Certification in CBIP, MS Data Analyst Associate, or other related BI development tool is highly recommended.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- In-depth understanding of database management systems.
- Strong SQL knowledge and applied experience.
- Applied experience in BI technologies (Qlik, PowerBI, Lumira, BOBJ, R, SAS, Python).
- Applied experience in designing custom data models and algorithms using data science or advanced analytical methodologies.
- Knowledge of all phases of application programming and a good understanding of the business process for which the application is designed.
- Knowledge of how to evaluate systems and develop scope and document system needs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, extensive financial reports, and/or legal documents.
- Ability to respond to sensitive and/or confidential inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Experience in leading highly technical individuals.
- Experience with mentoring less experienced members of staff to provide growth and development.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Ability to effectively present information to leadership.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.), and with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may potentially be exposed to infectious organisms during routine and emergency situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.