Business Intelligence Business Analyst Lead
Charged with leading the Business Intelligence (BI) Analysis execution function tasked with supporting organizational decision-making through complex analysis, reporting, research, and effective use of data. Engages with key decision makers throughout the organization to formulate and/or define BI project scope and objectives. Effectively articulates simple to complex BI solutions with operational owners to increase acceptance and ongoing success of BI projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems taking into consideration the appropriate data base structures, tool sets and delivery methods. Supports task assignments to the Business Analysis team and works to balances workload between members to insure timely completion of requests.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Create and communicates status reports in accordance with department standards.
Lead projects to define, gather requirements, develop and provide BI data solutions.
Update and monitors BI Analysis Team standards. This includes all aspects of ticketing, resource management and development.
Engage with peers and leadership to enhance process between BI Execution Functions.
Work to increase communication between all teams with reporting responsibilities to mitigate reporting gaps.
Support business Data Governance and other analytical initiatives.
Build and study historical data models, research trends, and analyze effects of decisions or events on organizational key performance indicators.
Strive to increase end user knowledge of and experience with available BI tools.
Identify and manages the scope of the reporting implementation projects including leadership of the analytic portions to meet organizational goals and initiatives.
Monitor the Business Analysis team productivity and performance and works with BI leadership to improve throughput.
Conduct advanced analysis utilizing BI methodologies to include visualization tools and query languages.
Delegate operation tasks to team members in support of business analysis efforts.
Adhere to and support team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adhere to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, business intelligence, STEM, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Seven (7) years of intelligence analysis experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Certification in EPIC data modeling; clinical or operational or has the ability to become certified within 6 months. Certification in CBIP, MS Data Analyst Associate, or other related BI tool is highly recommended.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Knowledge of BI Process/Standards and a good understanding of the business process for which the application is designed.
- Knowledge of how to evaluate data requests, develop scope and document system needs.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in leading highly technical individuals.
- Experience with mentoring less experienced members of staff to provide growth and development.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Proficiency across various BI tools and platforms to include database user interfaces and query software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and/or legal documents.
- Ability to respond to sensitive and/or confidential inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations and write articles for publication which conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to work closely with organizational leadership to identify underlying problems, assess solutions, and effectively present proposed improvements to top management.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may potentially be exposed to infectious organisms during routine and emergency situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.