Business Intelligence Analyst - Northern Cochise Community Hospital
Northern Cochise Community Hospital Position Description
JOB TITLE: Business Intelligence Analyst – IT
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Services
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting reporting, analytics and business intelligence solutions to meet the information needs of Northern Cochise Community Hospital. The Business Intelligence Analyst supports one or more departments in preparing weekly and monthly analysis and reporting to drive the business while ensuring accuracy and consistency. Must be able to work with multiple departments simultaneously. Must demonstrate eagerness and ability to learn and must work well in a team environment.
1. Provides Business Intelligence (BI) functions for NCCH:
2. Drives the design and implementation of new BI solutions.
3. Leads small to medium sized projects or BI initiatives.
4. Leads and facilitates meetings to gather requirements from managers and team members and develops work plans to achieve objectives.
5. Understands the business/clinical strategy of a particular function/area and proactively works with internal/external team(s) to define necessary information needed to drive improvement.
6. Regularly meets with departmental stakeholders to learn how they use information.
7. Influences business leadership and management decisions and drives ownership and acceptance of change to the business.
8. Works as a BI resource to create information solutions based on business, clinical or project requirements including dashboards, graphs, charts, trends and other advanced visualizations.
9. Understands common sources of data within a healthcare system, the data structures of each data source, and relationships between those sources.
10. Effectively develops reports using appropriate BI Analyst tools such as ViewPoint Sequel
11. Uses visualization techniques to express information in a way that is understandable to departmental stakeholders.
12. Facilitates data governance activities working with stakeholders to define sources, standard metrics and definitions.
13. Reviews multiple data sets looking at correlating factors and relationships between data.
14. Uses standard data analysis techniques such as descriptive statistics, trend analysis and correlation to effectively interpret. Works with leadership to find data discrepancies and identify issues.
15. Works with NCCH management team to optimize data quality and transparency.
16. Develops appropriate methodologies for collecting, analyzing and presenting data and information.
17. Researches new data sources and analytical tools.
18. Develops and follows departmental workflow data standards.
19. Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all staff.
20. Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting NCCH values of compassion, community integrity and trust.
21. Adheres to NCCH organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
22. Performs related duties as assigned.
23. Generates EMR reports, including customizing per department or manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, or Business Analytics required.
2. MBA preferred.
3. Four (4) years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of higher education and experience.
4. Four (4) years of SQL report writing, business intelligence experience or statistical analysis. Experience in a report production environment with Excel, is essential. Experience with Adhoc and customer reporting requests utilizing standard methodologies. Experience on an IBM iSeries system (DB2) database platform preferred.
Special Conditions: None
Provide critical BI functions – Ad hoc data queries and reports in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
1. Independently and effectively organize and manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
2. Ability to validate, standardize and cleanse data when needed.
3. Troubleshoot problems and suggest alternatives, looking beyond the obvious to find answers.
4. Have an advanced working knowledge of reporting and analytics tools primarily Sequel Viewpoint, Reporting Services and Integration Services.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and partner with senior level staff to determine business goals and objectives, and ways to partner in order to achieve those objectives.
6. Thorough knowledge of information systems, business/clinical operations, requirements analysis, and assigned core application(s).
7. Skill in assessing needs and determining through documentation what the best approach might be.
8. Skill at problem definition and data collection by establishing facts, drawing valid conclusions.
9. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
10. Ability to prepare detailed written reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
11. Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, managers, directors, senior leaders and the general public.
12. Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
13. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
14. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20611