Business Data Analyst - Arizona Community Physicians
Job Title: Data Analyst – Arizona Community Physicians
Reports to: CEO
The Data Analyst collects, maintains, manipulates, manages, and interprets data received from internal and external data sources. The Data Analyst also presents data, ideas and reports to leadership designed to improve health care quality and lower health care costs.
Education: Preferred bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or statistics from an accredited college. Experience in financial modeling and database applications preferred. Additional years of experience may be substituted for education requirements.
3 or more years working as a data analyst in health care
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL
- Experience with extracting data and reports from at least one electronic health record system, preferably Allscripts Touchworks
- Knowledge of database design
- Advanced Excel skills including the use of conditional formatting, pivot tables and charts
- Ability to create Crystal Reports
- Ability to effectively present information to leadership and respond to inquiries.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret health care journals, IS manuals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with all employees.
· Willingness to learn new skills and software when requested.
- Interprets, organizes, tracks and presents data.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize data quality.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintains databases/data systems in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Filters and “cleans” data, and reviews computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Works closely with management to prioritize information needs
- Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities
- Develops and coordinates project plans of varying complexity. Works with leaders and stakeholders in business areas in defining scope, approach, resource requirements, timing and deliverables.
- Maintains project documentation, and provides frequent written status updates to customer, project team, vendor and management. Applies facilitation skills to project related meetings.
- Performs other tasks as assigned