Administrator TMC Rincon Hospital
Rincon Hospital Opening 2024!
TMC Health, located in Tucson, Arizona will be opening its’ newest hospital in 2024. Rincon Hospital, located in southeast Tucson, will serve a growing population within Tucson as well as the nearby city of Vail. Rincon Hospital will have 55-beds, full-service emergency services, imaging, laboratory, operating suites, cath lab as well as other services. The obstetrics floor includes 3 OB triage rooms and 6 labor/delivery/recovery/post-partum suites and a C-section room. Each will enjoy panoramic views of the Rincon Mountains. The Rincon campus also includes 2 medical office buildings (1 under construction) as well as new ambulatory surgery center.
The TMC Rincon Administrator is responsible for leading the overall operations for TMC Rincon Hospital, reports to the President and CEO of Tucson Medical Center. TMC Rincon hospital is positioned to support the continued growth of the TMC Health system with a powerful commitment to high-quality accessible healthcare for southern Arizona. As the leading regional health system TMC Health has added TMC Rincon as a fourth hospital. S/he will lead the hospital, carrying out the strategic vision, prioritizing quality results, sound fiscal viability and excellence in patient safety. The Administrator will position the hospital to achieve its goals and grow its patient base and services to the community. We are seeking a dynamic, transformational leader who has a successful record of leadership, including strategic plans, budgets and operations supporting the goal of providing excellent, high quality patient care. The candidate will have experience in running effective, efficient quality, acute care operations with a strong commitment to the community, patients, employees, providers, and volunteers.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, evaluate and analyze at the administrative level..
- Knowledgeable regarding the health care industry, its regulations, requirements and reimbursements including those specific to acute care hospitals.
- Participate as a member of management teams.
- Demonstrates ability to lead employees.
- Knowledgeable of Medicare, Medicaid (AHCCCS), and Insurance Managed Care Plans.
- Knowledgeable in hospital financial processes.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in communications.
- Familiar with policies and procedures regarding reporting and release of protected health information (PHI).
- Working knowledge of corporate compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets regularly with assigned hospital leadership to examine current financial performance, evaluates forecasts and ensures appropriate, timely interventions.
- Assures consistent compliance, quality, risk, financial, human resources and other expectations that are in accordance with expectations and directives.
- Identifies opportunities to improve overall patient satisfaction and is committed to superior service excellence.
- Direct hospital management through collaboration and supervision of hospital department directors.
- Serve as liaison between medical staff and hospital, system staff and Hospital Board.
- Performs analytical decision making and recommends action.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the hospital, maintaining financial stability and oversight.
- Ensure all regulatory Arizona state and federal requirements are met.
- Participate in mandatory compliance and accreditation programs to maintain licenses in the facility.
- Direct and manage the time and work of others, with responsibility for personnel decisions, including hiring, firing, discipline, promotions, time off, etc.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State employment laws.
- Demonstrates sufficient involvement in the community outside the hospital.
- Implements new programs to address the health care needs of the community.
- Demonstrates human resource management through employee retention, recruitment, and motivation.
- Demonstrates an ability to impact employee morale positively.
- Allocates adequate time and efforts to strategic planning as demonstrated by reports to the Hospital Board and implementation of plans approved by the Board.
- Keeps the Board apprised of educational opportunities for the Board and has provided current health care governance information and trending to the Board.
- Demonstrates an ability to work cooperatively with the Medical Staff.
- Carries out policies and bylaws established by the Medical Staff and approved by the Board.
- Effectively communicates with the Medical Staff to the extent that the Medical Staff can openly discuss matters related to patient care and medical Staff participation at the hospital.
- Displays moral and ethical leadership qualities that are essential to the forward progress of the hospital.
- Manages administrative responsibilities such as regulatory requirements, reporting to State and Federal agencies, survey preparation and findings, policy and procedure updates.
- Demonstrates adequate attention to maintenance of the physical plant, including equipment for the hospital.
- Familiar with Med-Staff Bylaws Rules and Regulations, HIPAA, Compliance Programs, labor requirements, State Licensure and adequately informs the Board regarding the hospital’s activities and efforts regarding any new requirements.
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and values, but not limited to Property, General Liability, Professional Liability, and Workers’ Compensation.
- Ensure department heads have implemented the compliance of all safety policies and procedures within their department.
- Attend continuing education classes and all meetings as requested or required.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned requested or required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MS/MA Degree
- 5 years healthcare management experience