Administrative Associate Per Diem - Outpatient Hospice
Performs skilled secretarial, varied clerical, and routine administrative support functions for department management and other members of the department as needed.
Schedules and maintains departmental calendar of events.
Organizes major meetings including distributing materials, arranging for refreshments and preparing name tags for events.
Schedules appointments; maintains and updates management's daily calendar; although assigned to one department, may be responsible for scheduling appointments for multiple managers.
Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers; opens and routes incoming mail.
Types memoranda, policies, committee minutes, manuals, letters, forms, procedures, and other materials as directed.
Formats special reports and presentations including tabular displays, graphics and overhead transparencies; compiles and computes data for routine business reports as instructed.
Operates a personal computer, word processing equipment, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine or related office machinery in performing assigned duties.
Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation and data retrieval.
Monitors departmental expenses for office supplies and maintains inventory within budget.
Records meeting minutes through the use of shorthand or rapid long-hand to maintain an accurate record of decisions.
May make travel and lodging arrangements directly or through travel agencies.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values policies and standards.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of secretarial, administrative support or office management experience, preferably in an acute care setting.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Departments Cardiac Rehabilitation, Pediatric Therapy, and Employee Health require current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). Department specific: Fingerprint Card.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of computer-related scheduling systems and word processing software (preferably Word).
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and presentation software (such as Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of office management and secretarial support functions.
- Skill in organizing tasks and files for optimum efficiency.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.