Administrative Assistant-TMCOne Administration
Performs research and analytical work in support of administrative, financial, and personnel functions. Provides a variety of administrative and staff support services. Assists in preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations, personnel, etc. Coordinates projects and/or processes specific to operating unit serves. Serves as administrative liaison with others within and outside hospital. Resolves routine questions and problems, referring more complex issues to management.
Arranges appointments and meetings; coordinates meeting and agenda materials.
Supports staff in completion of projects and performs assigned duties in absence of supervisor/manager.
Organizes major meetings including distributing materials, arranging for refreshments, and preparing nametags; records meeting minutes through the use of shorthand or rapid long hand to maintain an accurate record of decisions.
Schedules appointments; maintain and updates supervisor’s daily calendar.
Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages, and provides routine information to callers.
Composes letters and memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of hospital policy or procedures; edits and corrects data on routine documents.
Formats special reports and presentations including tabular displays, graphics, and overhead transparencies using Microsoft Office Suite products.
Operates a personal computer, word processing equipment and software, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine or related office machinery in performing assigned duties.
Makes air travel arrangements directly or through travel agencies; makes arrangements for ground transportation and hotel reservations; documents travel expenses and accurately prepares appropriate expense reports.
Inventories and orders office supplies regularly.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or one-year certificate from college or technical school required.
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years of skilled administrative staff support experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products required.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of secretarial and office management functions and support.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others' communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.