Administrative Assistant-Temporary Peri-Operative Services
Performs research and analytical work in support of administrative, financial, and personnel functions. Provides a variety of administrative and staff support services. Assists in preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations, personnel, etc. Coordinates projects and/or processes specific to operating unit serves. Serves as administrative liaison with others within and outside hospital. Resolves routine questions and problems, referring more complex issues to management.
Arranges appointments and meetings; coordinates meeting and agenda materials.
Supports staff in completion of projects and performs assigned duties in absence of supervisor/manager.
Organizes major meetings including distributing materials, arranging for refreshments, and preparing nametags; records meeting minutes through the use of shorthand or rapid long hand to maintain an accurate record of decisions.
Schedules appointments; maintain and updates supervisor’s daily calendar.
Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages, and provides routine information to callers.
Composes letters and memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of hospital policy or procedures; edits and corrects data on routine documents.
Formats special reports and presentations including tabular displays, graphics, and overhead transparencies using Microsoft Office Suite products.
Operates a personal computer, word processing equipment and software, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine or related office machinery in performing assigned duties.
Makes air travel arrangements directly or through travel agencies; makes arrangements for ground transportation and hotel reservations; documents travel expenses and accurately prepares appropriate expense reports.
Inventories and orders office supplies regularly.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Oversees new volunteer onboarding, ensuring all steps are completed & communicates progress with staff. Ensures all budget tracking is up-to-date and accurate. Assists in the maintenance of Auxiliary and department documents as needed. Assists with mass communication to volunteers, including emails, letters, and newsletters. Tracks Auxiliary statistics & shares with appropriate departments. Ensures volunteer areas and office are stocked with necessary supplies. Assists Auxiliary bookkeeper & Board of Directors with daily and monthly gift shop sales entries.
Supports RN Structural Heart Coordinator (SHC) in meeting registry requirements for TAVR/MC/Watchman follow up data.
- Works in multiple databases simultaneously to gather required patient records
- Requests medical records from outside facilities
- schedules courier for pickup of requested records.
- Communicates with third party data abstractors to ensure complete/accurate data harvest
- Communicates to SH team members as appropriate to correct deficiencies in follow up
- Scans medical records to HER adhering to TMC policies regarding confidentiality and proper patient identification
Supports structural heart meetings and weekly conference.
Prepares and sends patient correspondence (registry required questionnaires) materials and responds to patient inquiries as appropriate.
Schedules follow-up appointments for TAVR/MC/Watchman and enters information into patient record
Maintains patient educational materials.
Works with SHC to improve process for post procedure communication.
Supports process improvement efforts, utilizes Vizio software for process mapping workflow
Supports Cardiovascular Symposium
Support Vascular/Ultrasound Conference
Supports Quarterly Grand Rounds Series.
EDUCATION: High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or one-year certificate from college or technical school required.
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years of skilled administrative staff support experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products required.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of secretarial and office management functions and support.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others' communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.