Performs complex accounting processes, creates budgets for designated Tucson Medical Center departments, and supports operational management in the financial performance of their department. Analyzes contracts to determine appropriate accounting processes including equipment leases, physician contracts, and service contracts. Evaluates processes and provides recommendations regarding internal control or process efficiency. Understands complex accounting issues and can make recommendations regarding correct Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) treatment. Creates consistency in approach, leverages expertise, and effectively manage the cost of the services being proposed.
Analyzes, interprets, and reconciles financial data and compiles associated reporting. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Analyzes, reconciles, and coordinates activity related to the balance sheet accounts and prepares documentation per policy.
- Prepares financial data and prepares reporting on current financial operations, ensures adherence to financial policies, and assists in implementation of significant organization development.
- Creates systems for and maintains record of volume statistics, payroll and other information used for ad hoc reporting.
- Develops and maintains proper documentation that supports external reporting.
Responsible for the development of processes, procedures, and preparation of data related, but not limited to the following:
- Oversees financial affairs for Tucson Medical Center and Affiliates (TMCHC) including the preparation of annual budgets, financial reporting, and supporting documentation using actual performance, previous budgets, estimations of revenues and expenses, and other factors.
- Serves as consultant regarding TMCHC financial affairs, development of operating policies and procedures, department needs/problems, financial system requirements and budgets.
- Assists with preparation of financial presentations for board and senior management presentations.
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial statements at either company or subsidiary level including trial balance preparation and organization of monthly journal entries.
- Prepares sufficient documentation and narratives for TMCHC’s yearly budget package and other financial reporting. Meets with customers frequently and provides frequent written status updates to customers, team members, and department management.
- Prepares, identifies, analyzes and resolves accounting issues including: budget variance analysis on general budget issues, cost-benefit data analysis, statistical reports, and other fiscally related duties assigned.
- Analyzes and interprets TMCHC operating results; makes specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction and profit improvements, adapts programs to changing needs, and maintains related documentation.
- Utilizes current, or develops new, proper internal controls for assigned account categories in order to audit various accounting functions inside the department and across the company.
- Interacts with outside auditors, participates in occasional auditing projects, prepares audit schedules, and provides other required data when requested.
- Collaborates and coordinates with TMCHC in shared business processes as requested including but not limited to Purchasing, Human Resources, Business Office, and Information Services.
- Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff.
- Understands systems interfacing between general ledger and budget/reporting and can monitor interface to ensure accuracy of data.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years accounting, analysis and/or auditing experience. PeopleSoft and QuickBooks experience preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.