Performs complex accounting processes including consolidation reporting, fund accounting for TMC Foundation, property accounting and fixed asset accounting. Evaluates processes and provides recommendations regarding internal control or process efficiency. Understands complex accounting issues and can make recommendations regarding correct GAAP treatment.
Collaborates with others in preparation, analysis, and presentation of financial reports and statistics to governing board and Administration.
Analyzes and reconciles balance sheet accounts including coordinating and controlling monthly balance sheet account reconciliation documentation per policy.
Develops and maintains proper internal controls for assigned accounts and account categories.
Assists with preparation of monthly financial statements at either company or subsidiary level including trial balances preparation and organization of monthly journal entries.
Closes the books for one or more companies each month.
Computes financial ratios for reporting or compliance.
Manages daily balances for the bank accounts of the hospital and related corporations
Identifies, analyzes and resolves accounting issues as required.
Develops and maintains proper documentation that supports external reporting.
Assists with the development of reports, accounting methodology and accounting systems to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and internal control policies.
Prepares financial presentations for board and senior management presentations.
Assists with the coordination of the company’s external audit.
Reviews and analyzes the month end financial reports and data of multiple acute care hospitals, as well as other related entities.
Reviews actual performance against budgeted performance and prepares reports explaining budget deviations.
Participates in the administration/maintenance of financial reporting systems used by the organization.
Understands systems interfacing with general ledger and can monitor interface to ensure accuracy of data.
Assists with the annual budgeting process, accounting for new acquisitions and system conversions.
Participates in testing and recording of financial transactions to assist in meeting Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
Serves as a resource to all financial statement users; performs high level analysis and troubleshooting functions as needed.
Audits various accounting functions inside the department and across the company.
Communicates with external customers, all levels of management and internal or external auditors.
Monitors, evaluates and reconciles large dollar and complex accounts.
Leads and directs the work of others, when necessary.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years hospital accounting and/or auditing experience. Experience with 990 tax forms, treasury and investment history is strongly preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) for the US and how they apply to hospital financial reporting.
- Knowledge of project management practices and procedures as it relates to audit, monthly financial close and reporting, balance sheet reconciliation, intra- and inter- department process improvement.
- Knowledge of hospital operations to provide accurate assistance for all levels of management in analyzing financial performance.
- Skill in both written and verbal communication to ensure complete understanding.
- Skill researching records and reports and the ability to make reasonable estimates when actual data not available.
- Skill in organizing tasks to provide a full range of financial analysis and budgeting forecasting.
- Sill in the use of computer applications and systems to include: Word, EXCEL, Outlook and accounting software.
- Ability to read, multi-task and work well with deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives.
- Ability to work with concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions, and to apply mathematical operations to solve or analyze job-related situations.
- Ability to create financial forecasts and budgets; ability to identify positive or negative variances from expected outcomes.
- Ability to define problems; collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.