Accountant-Northern Cochise Community Hospital
Northern Cochise Community Hospital, Inc., located in Willcox, AZ, is seeking a Full Time Accountant to join our team! NCCH provides health services as a 24-bed Critical Access Hospital with a 6 bed ER and busy ancillary services as well as two off-site Rural Health Clinics.
The Accountant will assist the Director of Finance by applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Responsible for performing various accounting functions including reconciling accounts, preparing reports and maintaining accurate accounting records. Under the Director of Finances' guidance, assists with the development, completion and publishing of the annual budget as well as ad hoc analyses and reports as requested.
Assists with the maintenance of general ledger accounts and preparing monthly financial statements for review and approval:
- Assists with general ledger close-out and journal entries relating to accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, fixed assets depreciation, and purchasing.
- Analyzes general ledger accounts as directed.
- Prepares monthly board package, as directed.
- Prepares data for senior management review.
- Ensures that financial records are maintained with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Participates in cost analyses and rate studies, as directed.
Reconciles all bank accounts, and balance sheet accounts:
- Submits reconciliation of bank accounts (excluding operating account) on a monthly basis to Director of Finance.
- Reconciles some balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers.
Assists Director of Finance with various annual, quarterly, or on demand audits or reporting, etc.
- Compiles information requested for annual financial audit, Medicare Cost reports, 990 filings, UAR filings, etc.
- Assists with submissions of information to the chosen audit firm and/or cost report firm
- Assists with preparation of various reports required by government regulation and/or third party payers.
- Maintains vendor and provider contracts
- Serves as a back up to Accounts Payable
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related Business Management field required, but direct cost accounting experience in a Critical Access Hospital may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree. Cost accounting experience in a Critical Access Hospital or Accounting experience in a non-profit hospital preferred. Minimum 5 years work experience in finance preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated abilities with Microsoft Office Suite in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong working knowledge and demonstrated abilities to create and maintain Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to use 10-key calculator by touch, as well as ability to create and utilize computer spreadsheets.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work with minimum supervision and prioritize work load.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all records.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred but not required.
Applications available online, and please fax a Resume to (520) 829-9448.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Rebekah Noble - Recruitment & Retention Specialist
901 W Rex Allen Dr
Willcox , AZ 85643
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18392